Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Oscars - According to Mom

Good Morning Internet-lings,
Every year, around award season, my mom cooks up a little Oscar invitation.  She recently sent me this years version and I thought it would be special to serve it as our very own Dish.
So step right up, place your bets and enjoy my mother's little poem.


Mulder’s Annual Oscar Party 2012

Yeah! Billy Crystal's back, so bring on the zing.
Last year lacked the sparkle of a comedy king.

The Best Picture winner is hardest to choose,
It's easier to find who won't win, who'll lose.

HUGO, for the family, was shown in 3D
No blood, no guts, Scorsese’s film was PG.
  
THE TREE OF LIFE, did you stay awake ‘til the end?
And MONEYBALL, another Brad Pitt loser: I hope not a trend.

EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE
could win for the title
But who loved the movie? Remember, that's vital.

There was much to admire in THE DESCENDANTS, it's true,
And THE HELP caught our attention with a scene of doo-doo.

MIDNIGHT IN PARIS charmed the socks off our feet
As did THE ARTIST - is this the one to beat?

My money's on WAR HORSE, hope it wins by a nose,
So come one, come all, and let’s see how it goes.

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *                 
As for me?

Mother, your words will make for a fantastic date
But please! Let me relate.
WAR HORSE had me in an emotional state,
but THE ARTIST is the one that made my heart break.

If you do not agree, with all the words that are here,
C'mon, make your voice clear.
Who do YOU think'll be the winner of the year?

Cheers, 
Madeline & her Mumsicle, Victoria


No comments:

Post a Comment